10 Reasons To Love Lemons:
1. Potent Germicide
2. Efficient Surface Cleaner
3. Food Preservative
4. Fights Dandruff
5. Helps Remove Rust Stains On Metal
6. Clearer Skin
7. Lemon Water to Aid in Weight Loss
8. Lemon essential oil aroma is calming and refreshing.
9. Lemon Peel (topical) to clear up Eczema
10. Lemon Juice to Repel Insects
Top 10 Amazing Health Benefits of Lemons:
1. Makes Green Tea Healthier
2. Inhibits Cancer
3. Promotes Oral Health
4. Fights Fungi
5. Reduces the Risk of Inflammatory Polyarthritis
6. Controls Cholera Outbreaks
7. Reduces Kidney Stone Formation
8. Alleviates Depression
9. Increases Iron Absorption
10. Prevents or Alleviates Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
5 Reasons To Drink Lemon Water In The Morning:
1. It balances pH
2. It keeps skin clear and glowing
3. It kickstarts the digestive system
4. It supports a weight loss diet.
5. Healthy substitute for coffee
How To Make Lemon Water:
– a glass of cold spring water
– 1 lemon
1. Slice 3 or 4 pieces of lemon.
2. Drop the lemon slices into your glass.
Tip: Use a straw to keep the acidic lemon off your teeth.
Lemon Essential Oil:
• Mood elevation, revitalizing
• Antiviral & Antifungal
• Mosquito repellant
• Heartburn and reflux
• Action against colon cancer cells (lab)
• Food flavoring agent
Lemon peel contains many health benefits in the form of antioxidants and pectin. Lemon peel can be incorporated in food through lemon zest. Should you wish to prepare food with lemon zest, always make sure you use organically grown lemons.
Adding fruit juice to green tea allowed for better antioxidant absorption by the body compared to green tea alone. Lemons were the best kind of citrus to add to green tea, followed by orange, lime, and grapefruit. Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17688297/
The leaves of the lemon tree are used to make a tea and for preparing cooked meats and seafoods.