In today’s society a lot of products are being called „superfood“, even processed meals, just for marketing reasons.
So what is a superfood? From my understanding it is a nutritional source which consits of an extreme high level of nutrients, e.g. antioxidants, vitamins and/or minerals. Because of these qualities they can have a beneficial effect on your diet, your health and your fitness goals.
So here is my list. There is no specific order. Each superfood is unique.
1. Moringa oleifera, world record holder for most antioxidants
3. Chia seeds, exellent source of Omega-3, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and fibre
4. Avocado, has a myriad of healthy fats and nutrients such as oleic acid, lutein, folate, Vitamin E and glutathione, the mother of all antioxidants
5. Coconuts, source of fibre, vitamins, minerals and amino acids. High amounts of calcium, magnesium, potassium and electrolytes
6. Blueberries, high concentration of antioxidants
7. Kale, one cup has 9% of the daily recommended value of calcium, 134% of vitamin C, 206% of vitamin A and incredible 684% of vitamin K. Also a great source of minerals potassium, copper, phosphorus, iron and manganese.
8. Goji berries, contain 18 kinds of amino acids, up to 21 trace minerals, high amounts of antioxidants. iron, polysaccharides, Vitamin B & E, and many other healthy nutrients
9. Hemp seeds, complete protein. High of omega’s, fibre, calcium, iron, vitamin A, enzymes, amino and fatty acids
10. Maccha, consists of nearly 10% Protein and contains nearly 20 amino acids, including 7 essential amino acids
11. Cacao (raw chocolate), high in antioxidants, magnesium, iron, chromium, manganese
12. Camu berry, one of the highest source of Vitamin C by weight on the planet (60 times more Vitamin C than an Orange)