A perfect snack for kids and adults, an easy go-to for when you’re on the run and need a healthy treat, a great after school snack or just something in-between, these Spirulina Balls have it all!
Rich in nutritional goodness, it will keep you full and satisfied. You can really use any type of nut or seeds with the suggested dates and apricots then coat them in whatever you fancy.
Enjoy and let me know if you add in your own special touch. I’d love to get ideas from you!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
– 1 cup / 128 g of macadamias
– 1 cup/ 128 g pecans
– ½ cup / 64 g almonds
– ½ cup / 64 g sunflower seeds
– ½ cup / 64 g pumpkin seeds
– 1 Tbsp / 15 g spirulina powder
– 1 Tbsp / 15 g hemp protein powder
– 1 teaspoon / 2.25 g cinnamon
– ½ teaspoon / 1 g Himalayan or sea salt
– 10 dates, pitted
– 10 dried sulphite-free apricots
– ½ – 1 orange or apple juiced (depends on moisture level)
– Shredded coconut to roll balls in
1. Process nuts, seeds, powders, salt and cinnamon in a food processor.
2. Process dates and apricots into the mixture in a food processor.
3. Then add the juice to determine if they can be squeezed into a ball and maintain their shape.
4. Take a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball, then roll in coconut.
5. Store in the fridge.
Substitutions:[To suit your taste or availability of produce, you can substitute any of the following for the ingredient stated]
– Pecans, macadamias, almonds – any other nuts desired
– Sunflower and pumpkin seeds – chia, linseeds, sesame
– Dates and apricots – all dates or all apricots will work well
– Spirulina – barley grass, wheat grass, chlorella
– Hemp protein powder – hemp seeds, chia seeds, pea protein isolate
– Orange juice – any fresh fruit juice
– Shredded coconut to roll in – any crushed nuts or seeds desired